How Can We Help?
Requiring a Background Check for a Team
You can set up certain teams to require background checks when a new person joins the team or when someone takes on a new ROLE within the team. Typically, churches require background checks for people who serve on their Kid’s teams, Security teams, Worship teams, and Medical Response teams. Some churches prefer to run background checks for every volunteer, no matter what team they serve on.
Here’s how to Require a Background Check for a Specific Team/Role:
- From the “Volunteers” menu tab, click “Setup Volunteer Teams”.
- In the left column, click on the Team you want to work with.
- In the center column, click on the ROLE you want to require background checks for.
- If the ROLE doesn’t exist yet, click the Blue + Symbol in the middle column to add a New Role.
- If the ROLE does exist, click “Actions”, then click “Edit Role”.
- In the pop-up window, check the check box to Require a Background Check.
- Select which background check you want to require for this role, then click “Save”.
Once this is set up, anytime a new person is added to this Role, you’ll be prompted to order the required background check.