10 Resolutions for Church Leaders
We’re a few weeks into 2020, and according to statistics, most people have already quit on any “resolutions” they made.
Whether you intended to lose some weight, stop an old habit or start a new routine, hopefully you’re still going. In this post, Ron gives some great resolutions specifically for us as church leaders.
The best leadership, in my opinion, comes out of the resolve a leader has made in his or her heart.
The resolve of a leader is a predetermined approach to way a leader will lead. These are personal convictions, values, and personally held beliefs, which shape the decisions a leader makes and the way he or she responds to others.
Ultimately a leader’s personal resolves – about anything – determine the way they respond and their actions towards it.
Most often these resolutions are made even prior to being in a leadership position.
The resolve of a leader is powerful. In fact, if leader wants to improve his or her leadership, he or she must often improve first their personal resolve.
So, do you want to improve your leadership?
10 Resolutions Guaranteed to Improve Ministry Leadership
I Resolve to:
- Never compromise my character in search of progress.
- Consistently walk by faith in some area of my life – personally or professionally.
- Pray earnestly before I make major decisions and solicit others to join me in discerning God’s direction.
- Extend grace generously, never hold a grudge, and realize mistakes are a part of healthy leadership (and discipleship).
- Protect my family time – never compromising it in the name of ministry.
- Make my personal health a priority. As much as it depends on me, discipline myself to stay as healthy mentally and physically.
- Allow trials and challenges to draw me closer to Christ and shape my character.
- Love others unconditionally – even those with whom I do not agree.
- Empower and invest in others, giving them opportunities to grow as individuals.
- Surround myself with wise and moral influencers, allowing at least a few people access to know and speak into the most private parts of my life.
Faith Teams is a full-feature church management system with all the features you need in one simple system.
We would love to serve your church. Start your Free 14-Day Trial today.
Faith Teams Church Management Software