Faith Teams makes it easy to input contributions. First, you need to select or create the Batch you want to work in, then you can input contributions.
Selecting the Batch:
- Click on the “Contributions” tab in the menu.
- Click “Contribution Entry”.
- Select the Batch you want to work in. You can select from the list, or Create a New Batch.
- A batch is a way to group and manage your contributions. A good example is your ‘Sunday Morning Offering’ is a batch. Before you can add an individual contribution, you must create a batch.
- Now that your Batch is open, you can input contributions.
- Begin typing the name of the contributor in the text field labeled: ‘Enter a Name’ on the top right of the screen. Once you see the desired name, select it by clicking on it.
- Enter the dollar and cents amount of the total contribution.
- NOTE: Using the tab key is the fastest way to input data.
- Enter the type of contribution this is. Cash, check, etc.
- If entering a check, enter the check number
- A line item will automatically be added below. Select the fund this contribution is for.
- If you need to split a contribution, change the dollar amount in this line item, and new line items will appear. You’ll be able to split a contribution across 2 or more funds when needed.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Save Contribution’ button.
- Repeat Steps 2 thru 7 until you have input all the contributions for this batch.
- On the left side of this page, you can see a summary of the batch. You can also download or print the Batch Summary, which can be physically signed.
- Once all contributions are input for this batch, you can click “Close Batch” in the Batch Summary section. You can re-open it in the future if needed.