Printing Nametags for Kids Check-In
Faith Teams lets you print nametags for both the kid and the parent during check-in. You’ll need to get your printer setup, and also configure the layout of your labels.
To Setup your Printer:
- Purchase your printer.
- The printer you need to purchase is the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo Thermal Label Printer. You can find these online.
- Purchase your labels.
- The labels you need are DYMO Compatible 30256 REMOVABLE Adhesive 2-5/16 x 4” Shipping Labels.
- Download and install the latest DYMO drivers on your computer. Label printing requires a PC or Mac with drivers installed.
- Click HERE to download the latest drivers.
- Run a test to make sure your system is ready.
- Click HERE to run the test.
To Configure the Layout of your Labels:
- From the check-in screen, click on the class that you want to activate labels for.
- Click the ‘Check In / Label Setup’ button.
- Check the checkbox next to ‘Do you want to print labels upon Check In for this class?’
- Select whether you want to print the time/date for the class OR the check-in date/time on the label.
- Each label will include these default fields: First & Last Name, Class Name, Date/Time and Security Identifier (random number which will match the parent label for security purposes).
- Add up to 3 fields you would like to print on the label.
- You can add standard fields (Gender, etc.) or custom fields (Allergies, Authorized Pickup by, Potty-Trained, etc.
- If you want to make certain information “mandatory” before a child can be checked in, check the checkbox ‘Do you want to require certain information is capture for check-in?’ This will enforce these fields as “required” as each kid is checked-in.
- Once setup is complete, simply click the “check in” icon next to the student’s name. It will ask you to fill in any “required” data that is missing for this kid. Once the data requirements are met, you’ll see the green checkmark, and labels will automatically print for both the child and the parent.