Scheduling Volunteers to Serve
With Faith Teams, your team leaders can schedule volunteers to serve. Requests can be sent via email/text and the volunteer can either Accept or Decline the invitation. The team leader can get a notification when each person accepts or declines. They can also setup automated reminders to be sent, so the volunteers don’t forget their serve times.
- Click on the ‘Volunteers’ tab in the menu.
- Click “Schedule Volunteer Teams”.
- In the “Which Service” drop-down, select the service you want to schedule for.
- In the “Which Team” drop-down, select the Team you want to schedule.
- Click in the fields to select which volunteers you will request to serve for each date and role.
- NOTE: Many churches train their team leaders to plan an entire month at a time, so volunteers have time to make adequate plans to be available.
- Once you have selected the volunteers you want to request to serve, you can set the immediate Notification, and also the Reminder.
- Use the Notification drop-down to select when you want the immediate Notification to be sent. This is their request to serve.
- Use the Reminder drop-down to select when you want to send a reminder to the volunteers who will be serving.
- Once everything is selected, click “Set All”.
- If you need to come back to this screen later to add more volunteers, or make changes, simply repeat these steps. The system will not send duplicate invitations to the people who already appear in the grid.
NOTE: The instructions above are for scheduling volunteers for Recurring Events, such as Sunday Service. One-time events will not show up in this grid screen. For one-time events, you can schedule volunteers from the Service Planner for that event.
- Click on the “Events” tab in the menu.
- Click “Calendar”.
- Click on the one-time event you want to schedule volunteers for.
- From the pop-up window, click “Plan”.
- Above the service plan, click the “Volunteers” button.
- This will open a slider window, which will allow you to schedule volunteers for that event.