Sending a Text
There are a couple ways you can send SMS text messages through Faith Teams. You can send instant text messages to an individual or a group through the Tags screen. You can also schedule a text message to be sent to an individual or a group through the Group Emails and Texts screen.
To send an Instant text message:
- Click on the ‘Tags’ tab in the menu.
- Filter the list by using the filtering options on the left, or by searching for a name.
- Check the checkbox beside the name(s) you want to send your text message to.
- Click the “Actions” button, and select “Send a Text”.
- Type your text message (160 characters max) and click “Send Message”.
- NOTE: If you need to send a text message longer than 160 characters, you will need to send two separate texts.
To schedule a text message to go out at a later time:
- Click on the ‘Tools & Admin’ tab in the menu.
- Click “Group Emails and Texts”.
- Click “Send Group Email or Texts”.
- Click the checkbox on the top line, which says “Click Checkbox to Send Group Text”.
- Click “Step 2: Select Recipients.
- Use the Search box or the filtering options to find the people you want, and check the checkbox for each name you want to message.
- Click “Step 3: Schedule”.
- Input the text message you want to send.
- Choose when you would like to send this text. You can send it instantly, or schedule it to be sent at a later time. You can also choose to send this text multiple times (up to 4) and schedule a different time for each Send. This is helpful for sending reminders about an upcoming event, etc.
- Click “Save Campaign” at the bottom of the screen, and “Confirm” in the pop-up.